Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Kendall, go say hi to your friends."

That's what my boss says. A lot. Nearly every time I'm at work someone I know is coming in to try out my restaurant. The General Manager says I'm the best customer. Still. As a prep cook. And that's because of my friends and family, my support and encouragement. So thank you to all who have come to my restaurant. And an extra big THANK YOU to those who keep coming back.

Delicious.

Funny story. One of the servers this evening made a little mistake and order the same entree twice without realizing it. This turned out to be one of the best tasting mistakes the server could have made. At least for me. Although I probably would never have ordered it myself, I ate the mistakenly ordered dish: the Pan Roasted King Salmon with baby bok-choy and potato hash, served with a wasabi pepper sauce. So so so good! There is a reason it's one of the pricier items on the dinner menu. So far I've had two of the more expensive dinner items, all in the name of fixing mistakes and learning how to cook something for myself. Not for myself as in I get to eat it, but for myself as in learning how to make it on my own.

Delicious.

I'm full. Polishing off a mistake entree followed by staff dinner means that my tummy is full. Full of delicious. Wow. Some days I love working in a highish end restaurant!

With a full tummy and tired everything else,

K.

No comments: