Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh yum!

Tonight I ate at my restaurant with my parents and some good friends. We had my favorite dish, the pork tenderloin with fennel-yam mash, and my new favorite dessert, the bread pudding with amaretto-caramel sauce. Delicious. I am so glad that I can eat at an establishment that I also can see what happens in the kitchen. Super cool.

As we were leaving the restaurant, there was another couple leaving as well. In passing, they kind of mumbled something about how the food was so good. I smiled. Really big.

One of the owners told me tonight that I am their (our) most reliable customer so far.

Basically, what that means is that I'm getting to eat a lot of the delicious, fantastic food that I help create. Sweet deal.

On a full stomach,

K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On an equally full stomach, I confess I was somewhat disappointed I was sharing that bread pudding! YUM.

It was fun to try some new ingredients tonight, like long beans and lotus root. Consider me a fan. And OH those sauces! My new fav tonight, besides the afore mentioned bp, were the pork & chive dumplings. YUM.

One thing that has been true each time I've visited TR is that the people I'm with CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK! Me too.