Friday, October 10, 2008

Quick Update(s)

Last week the county health inspector came by the restaurant for our quarterly review. We passed with 100%. Pretty good, me thinks.

Published today was our first newspaper review in the Herald! I encourage you to read it (http://heraldnet.com/article/20081010/ENT/710109984).

My coworkers continue to make me laugh. Chef M came up to me today and asked how much I weighed. He made a guess, and was only five pounds off. He said he was close and walked away. Completely random, but it made me laugh.

I made salmon cakes today. Fifty-nine of them.

Chef J shops at Central Market on Fridays. Little trivia fun for you.

The dishwasher (or DW as I call her) was singing today. She does that when she thinks no one else is in the back kitchen. But being the sneaky quasi-ninja that I am, I surprised her while she was singing to herself. She laughed. Good times.

Chef M's grandson joined us for staff meal today. He's about 4 and a half months old. He was crying a little bit, at least until I walked by. Then he started laughing. I'm not sure how to take that...

Chef J, over the last couple weeks, has been letting me take care of the deliveries, mainly produce and proteins. I get to sign their clipboard and then put everything away. Kinda fun, having so much responsibility. I take it as a good sign.

Chef M made Mongolian Beef for staff lunch today. It's one of my all time favorite dishes at TR. Yum!

Have a delicious day!

K.

PS. Oh, by the way, Mom and I tried to make our own fennel-yam mash like we do at TR. It turned out really well. Chef J was pleased that we tried to replicate one of his dishes and impressed that it turned out so well! It felt like a personal victory if nothing else. Sweet.

2 comments:

A day in the life of Isaiah and Julia said...

When are you going to have us over so you can replicate some of the dishes, umm?
Michelle

Sharon B said...

I agree with you on the Mongolian Beef. It is the best I've ever had...as well as the calamari, the drunken chicken, the spare ribs. I could go on & on.
Great, now I'm hungry.