Monday, November 10, 2008

Woah Lamb Shank

That's what I had for dinner tonight. A curry spiced lamb shank, with cannelini (sp?) beans and sauted kale. It was super good. It is one of the new items on our menu that came out yesterday. It's also one of the more expensive items... Still delicious, though.

Some of the other items looked really interesting as well. We have some items I've never worked with before, like swordfish, mahi mahi, scallops, muscles (insert no-muscles-for-me joke here), lamb, kale, swiss chard, tempora batter, marionberry compote, and other things that I can't think of right now.

Today I made the new crostada dessert (little pastries with a marionberry and apple topping) from start to finish. I also made the deep fried ice cream (tempora ice cream). Showing some faith in me, Chef J told me to make the springroll filling and the peanut sauce (for the chicken skewers); he never even came back to check up on me, and then he said "nice." That's a winner in my book. Oh, and I made the bread pudding yet again, and today's was probably the best one I've made. It looked soooooo good. Yum.

Anywho, I just wanted to share a few things, especially about our new menu items. Come on in and check it out!

K.

1 comment:

Shultz Family said...

Be sure to post http://terracottaredbistro.com/menu.html on your blog so that others can see the menu. I just had to see if there was menu online so I can see what we are missing. Let us know what you would recommend as your top choices. Hope that your week is going well!